The choice of wireless headsets for Polycom vvx 601 IP phones is incredible, so when you’re in the market for upgrading from a wired headset to a *cordless or wireless headset (*people call them both but I prefer wireless) you need to be aware of the Pros and Cons of how to choose the correct wireless headset for your VVX 601 Phone.
So what should you be aware of and what should you be considering when searching for the right type of wireless headset?
The first thing is your environment that you work in.
- is it noisy?
- Do you often leave your desk?
- Do you find that when you do leave your desk, your Phone always rings ?
If the answer is yes to the above then wireless is definitely the right choice. before we go any further let’s just dismiss some myths about wireless headsets that you may or may not be aware of
Are wireless headsets truly wireless?
lots of our customers think a wireless headset should be just that, “completely wireless” well that’s not true because the only wireless bit is the connection between the actual headset that you are wearing and the charger/base station that the headset connects to.
From there on in everything else has to be wired into the back of your Polycom vvx 601 IP Phone. This includes the power cable because the battery is in the actual headset you are wearing but the charger & base station is powered by AC mains (ie: with a plug )
Swiftly followed by the connection lead between the base station and you’re VVX 601 IP Phone
Also if you choose an EHS or electronic hook switch , yes you guessed right, that’s also connected with a wire. so quite quickly you’re so called “wireless headset” isn’t that wireless after all but let’s not get ahead of ourselves….
The most important thing is the freedom and ability to walk away from your desk while simultaneously having a conversation wirelessly via the headset you are wearing, which after all is the whole reason for having a wireless anything really isnt it?
So let’s look at the pros and cons of owning a wireless headset 4 your Polycom vvx 601 IP desk Phone
let’s start with the cons first
- the number one has to be price because wireless headsets in most cases cost double what a wired headset costs. One the most common questions we get asked is why are they so expensive? – the answer is simple: technology and what goes into making a wireless headset
- battery life – typically most quality built wireless headsets like Sennheiser DW office or DW pro headsets will last a typical working day without any issue, but like anything that is battery operated if you forget to charge it when you leave your headset will be pretty useless when you start work the next day so don’t leave them on your desk off the charger and that includes lunchtime as well.
- Set up – If you are one of those People and you know who you are who doesn’t bother with stupid things like instruction manuals then setting up a wireless headset can be quite problematic. but don’t worry we have gone to great lengths to provide simple easy to follow set up instructions and videos to show anyone, regardless of their ability to read an instruction manual or not as the case may be to quickly set up the wireless headset.
let’s talk about the pros
- freedom – we have already covered this but just the phenomenal ability to be walking around the office and freely engaging in a conversation completely wirelessly has to be worth the extra cost.
- Noise cancelling – all our professional wired headsets for Polycom vvx 601 IP phones are all noise cancelling, the technology is in the microphone on your headset I’m will filter out most exterior noise for the caller
- Warranty – due to the cost of wireless headsets all manufacturers give a minimum of 2 years repair or replace warranty to insure should anything go wrong they will be there too repair or replace the headset. there is a caveat to that however, if you misuse or abuse your wireless headset (trust me on this it happens a lot ) then your warranty could be voided and you will have to pay for the repair or replacement so be warned.
Are you ready to find a wireless headset for your Polycom vvx 601 IP desk Phone?